What Personal Information We Collect:
We collect information about how you use our website and the device(s) you use to access our site. This information includes collecting unique mobile device ID or the internet protocol (IP) address online identifiers, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. This information is linked to a cookie ID, which we receive and process.
We also collect information about you if you make use of any of the interactive features within our website, that rely on a personalised response, or where you ask us to respond to a query you have, or add your details to one of our alert or subscription services. The information we collect is limited to the details we need to provide for the specific service you have requested. We do not collect sensitive information, such as your political or religious beliefs, ethnic background, sexual preference, health or any other sensitive information.
We do not actively seek to collect information about children aged 16 or under. If you have any concerns about your child’s privacy in relation to our services, or if you believe that your child may have entered personal data onto our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will delete such information from our records within 1 day.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect:
We process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in providing you with information about our range of tyres.
Activity: Setting up, administering and managing our customers’ accounts.
Reasons: To fulfil our contract with you. To comply with our legal obligations. For our legitimate interests.
Our legitimate interests: Effectively managing our relationship with you and your business.
Activity: Marketing our products and services to you (which you can choose to opt-out from).
Reasons: For our legitimate interests.
Our legitimate interests: Working out which of our services may interest you and telling you about them.
We may also disclose your personally identifiable information when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our website.
How We Store the Personal Information We Collect:
We are committed to ensuring your personal information is kept secure and confidential and not kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was processed. When your personal information is no longer necessary, we will delete it.
In certain circumstances, we only transfer your information to a third-party service provider where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
How We Secure the Personal Information We Collect:
We have the appropriate technical and organisational security measures in place to prevent unlawful or unauthorised use, access or accidental loss of personal information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
We do not sell or rent any personal information about you to any third party.
We may disclose personal information in response to a legal process, for example in response to a court order, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, and as otherwise required by law.
Your Choice Regarding the Personal Information You Provide to Us and How to Opt-Out of Communications:
- If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us, then please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the relevant mailing.
- If you would like us to delete your information from our records, please contact us by using the contact details below and we will respond within 1 week. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for our own legitimate business purpose.
You have rights (with some exceptions and restrictions) to:
- Object to our processing of your personal data, including profiling. You can object at any time and we shall stop processing the information you have objected to unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds to continue that processing.
- Access your personal data. If you make this kind of request and we hold personal data about you, we are required to provide you with information on it, including a description and copy of the personal data and why we are processing it.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Request correction or updating of the personal data that we hold about you and that is inaccurate.
- Request the restriction of our processing of your personal data in some situations. If you request this, we can continue to store your personal data but are restricted from processing it while the restriction is in place.
- Withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data. When you use our website, you may have been asked to consent to the dropping of a cookie. You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data that has been derived from cookies. If you do withdraw consent, that action will not affect the lawfulness of what we have done with your personal data before you withdrew consent.
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about our collection or use of your personal data.
If you exercise the rights above and there is any question about who you are, we may require you to provide information from which we can satisfy ourselves as to your identity.
Our Responsibility for Website Links:
How to Contact Us:
Address: Data Protection Officer. TX Tyres. Chadburn House, Wakefield Road, Netherton, Bootle, L30 6TZ.
Telephone: +44 (0) 151 521 2121